Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reality setting in

Wow, today was such a hard day. I finally got to reading and studying about this disease and, to be completely honest, the numbers don't look very encouraging statistically speaking. I have to admit to losing just a little hope today and for me, that's really a hard hard thing.

I knew this would eventually come, but I tried so hard to not notice this information. It turns out the median average time with this disease is only 17.6 months. The 3 year survival rate is only 1 in 20 and the five year is 1 in 5000. Those are really tough odds, but I am trying to remember that for everyone who falls short, there is someone who exceeds the rates as well.

So, if you ever had a feeling to pray for us and our family, NOW would be the time to exercise your faith in our behalf. I really need some positive influence around me right now. They say that I am ahead of where they expected me to be right now, so I feel all the effort at running was worth it.

1 comment:

The Bradley Family said...

Dan you and your family are continually in our prayers. I know from personal experience that miracles happen This family is full of them!!!! Hang in there you are a fighter! Just remeber that you have an army of loved one praying for you every day!