Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day By Day

Well, I am getting ready for next week when I'll find out more about Radiation and chemotherapy. I guess there are a variety of ways people respond to this treatment. I just know the Dr. told me he expects me do my part by coming in a healthy as possible. I have been walking about one mile each day. It seems really easy compared to running, but by the time I get finished, I feel tired.

It has been an interesting experience having access to so many others faith. When mine wavers from time to time, I feel like I still get to make a withdrawal from the faith bank. I am not sure how all this works, but we do know that the Lord can do no miracle among the children of men without their faith. So, this tells me that God can be limited by faithlessness.

I have been especially careful to notice and disregard the adversary's attempts to discourage me ad/or my family.

I believe that holding onto grudges and hard feelings over the past few years have playes some role in my situation--although I don't think they are the complete cause. The only thing I am struggling to work through right now is the unknown. I think once treatement starts next week, I'll have lots to focus my energy on.

I have witnessed many miracles in life and I have complete faith in God's power, I just don't quite know his will yet. I will try hard to align my will with his. I know I have lots of plans for being around for many years and Tere and I have great desires to serve the Lord in our advanced years. I ope God will grant us that opportunity.

God has been so kind to us and our family for so many years. He has provided us with good employment, health, strong children and lots of opportunities to serve Him. How grateful I am that our family found the Church when I was only 11 yrs old. I often wonder how I would have responded to the gospel as an adult. Thankfully, my parents were wise and desirously searching while we were all growing up. Thank you everyone for you continued prayers. I am feeling better and stronger each day.

I guess each of us must face our own mortality at some time. The fact that our lives here are temporary is an important part of the plan. The latest word from the Dr. is that I have likely less then two hundred years to go. We'll make the most of it! :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

Great attitude! I'm reminded of what Elder Neal A. Maxwell told my younger brother when he was considering becoming a candidate for a heart transplant. My brother was concerned that someone would have to die for him to live. Elder Maxwell reminded him that we show our appreciation to God for our life when we do all we can to preserve it. He had the transplant and enjoyed many more years of life.

Our prayers are with you and your family, from a guy you don't know, who works with you.

Samuel Wilson said...

DAD
You are an amazing man! And i feel that god is limited by our faith... And i am so Great full that in our family, ward, and area we live.. there is no shortage of it!!! I feel like the lord has been leading us along this journey .. he is with us! we are just in our time of trial. IN D&C 101 The lord tell us that we must be tried, even as Abraham, who was commanded to offer up his only son. And also many times in the scriptures it tells us, that if we bare our trials with fath, and stead fastness the kingdom shall be ours.. We are so blessed to have the gospel!! And to know what we know to be true! prayer is such an amazing thing Christ said " Draw near unto me and i will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Whatsoever ye ask of the father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you" he also goes on to say, " My voice is spirit; my spirit is truth; truth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound. And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole body shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you;and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things. Therefore, sanctify yourself that your minds become single to God, and the day will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will. ... .. All we need to do is stay Strong And Faithful, recognize gods hand in all things.. . and with our faith me know and hope that in his time it will all work out!!!! Dad you continue to be and inspiration to us all! we love you with all our heart (the kids)!!! we are praying for you! and i know, and i feel even know the lord is with US! he knows our situation... I love you dad your an amazing amazing man!! You and mom!!! Thank you so much for all that you do!!! We could never thank you enough!

love you guys!!!

love/sam